Report of St. Andrew Baptist Church Mission to Yendi, Ghana May 7-16, 2009

A group of 13 people from St. Andrew Baptist Church, Panama City, FL recently went to Yendi, Ghana at the invitation of Rev. Emmanuel Mustapha. We were privileged for this to be the third year to work alongside Rev. Mustapha and his work in the northeastern sector of Ghana.

There were many highlights of the trip this year and this report only highlights the work and ministry of this year’s trip.

A. The team from St. Andrew had work with Rev. Mustapha to plant several churches in years past, one being the St. Andrew Baptist Church of D.C. Kura. We were honored this year to be at the dedication of the new building on Sunday, May 10, 2009. The team presented Rev. Mustapha with a banner signifying the name of the church, followed by a dedication scripture and prayer. It was an honor for the team to witness the building of this facility to the glory of God.
B.The team accompanied Rev. Mustapha to various villages throughout the area where we were able to see the continuing work that has taken place, including the building of church structures, the addition of roofs on buildings and the growth of previous church plants from previous years. The team was blessed to offer funds for insuring a total of four (4) roofs for church buildings would be completed soon. The team was also blessed to offer funds for eight (8) sets of drums to be distributed to new church plants.
C.The team worked with Rev. Mustapha in planting five (5) new churches during our visit this year. These new church plants resulted in several hundred professions of faith in Jesus Christ.
D.The team assisted in the teaching of the Book of Hebrews to some 50 leaders from various churches in the area as part of Rev. Mustapha’s leadership training efforts.
E.The team participated and assisted in a baptism service where 21 new believers in Christ were baptized.
F.The team visited the Northeastern Christian Academy, participated in assembly programs, and met with the school leaders in preparation of sending a teacher, one of the team members, to live and teach at the school in the upcoming year.
G.The team was honored to be invited to visit with the Chief of the Yendi area. We were able to exchange greetings, gifts and ideas while learning more of the incredible culture of the area.

This trip was very unique in that the team worked very hard to be spiritually prepared, mentally sound, and physically ready to meet the challenges of our trip this year. God blessed the team in many areas including financial, in making new relationships, in witnessing the growth of His kingdom and in allowing each individual to proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ. To Him be the Glory!

Copied from email. I am not sure who authored this piece.

10 comments:

  1. Miss Louisa, who is now in care of NECA recently visited our school in Southwest City,Mo. told us about her school and told us to be thankful for what we have because our school here is much better than hers. Because of this the 7th and 8th graders are trying to help her school to provide a better learning environment for her students. Thank you Miss Louisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need some help. There is a boy talking to my on facebook. He says he is a Christian and is iving in the library. He wants to come to the US to get education and return to his village, but there is no money. He wants me to adopt him, but he is 18. I want to help but we do not have the money to buy tickets for me to come and get him. He has been kind and NEVER asked for money. Please how can the church there and I help this young man.
    God let him find me, and he is so sweet...Prayers to let us help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is living in which library? What is his village?

    ReplyDelete
  4. He has not told me of the library name, I will try and get it. he will not get into danger with me reaching out to get him help wil he? He also said that with him being a christian, his family within the troubled tribes wont help him, they dis owned him. His name is Mahama. He first told me he was in Tamale, then last night told me Yendi. I only wish to help this young man, he has scars on his face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mahama Mukatar is the young mans name. he also says that the church is too far away to get him food or any help. I don't know if what he is saying is true. But felt I needd to reach out to a local church in his country to seek help for him. Blessing my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What can I do to help? I can gather him a food box.please contact me here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He will follow the posters to find your church, otherwise he is at the library near the Chief palace side. The boy only ate 2 oranges today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why don't you write back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The boy is now livng with a man named Mr. Halik, he is being fed I think. They are wanting me to help pay for this boy to come live here in the US. the man offered to help this boy and now wants 1500.00 for me to buy his way. te boy seems ok, it could be a bad thing here, he said it would take 4000.00 to get Mahama here but I had to help pay. he got the boys hopes up and now what. they say things are going to get bad with another tribal war rumor going around. I fear for all especially this young man/boy.
    You can find us on facebook, the boy has a profile there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This boy I speak of is in danger. The man that took him in is leaving for the USA the 14th, so they say. The boy will be back out on the street with no hope of work. can someone please teach me what I can do to help him? I have a mailing address for him if that will help you. He is still in tamale.message me on facebook. mary rafferty-clark.

    ReplyDelete